Help Us Make a Difference
We welcome donations of food. Food needs to be in date, unopened and in good condition, please. Long life food is best: it keeps well, and often requires little preparation and cooking. Many of our clients have limited cooking and storage facilities, or may have little fuel to spare.
We always need:
• Tinned meat, fish, halal and meat-free alternatives
• Tinned potatoes and other vegetables, fruit, rice pudding, custard
• Breakfast cereals, UHT milk, jam
• Cooking sauces
• Microwaveable rice, noodle and pasta pots
• Drinks such as tea bags, instant coffee, fruit squashes, other soft drinks
• Biscuits and sweet treats for children of all ages
• Toiletries including toilet roll, soap/shower and bath, deodorants
Please note we shall not need dried pasta for the foreseeable future.
We do not give out food or drink that contains alcohol.
Donations can be dropped off during opening hours. We also have collection boxes in the Batley and Cleckheaton area in banks and building societies, and Knights Pharmacy in Birstall and some GPs. Sainsbury’s Dewsbury, Morrison’s Heckmondwike and Asda Dewsbury also collect for us. When the libraries and other public places like the town halls re-open, we hope they can collect for us again. If you can host a collecting box for us, please get in touch.
If you need a donation to be collected, please call us on 01924 474 999.
We can accept cash donations at the Food Bank in opening hours. If possible, bank transfers are preferred. Please contact us for our bank details.
Alternatively, please use the Donation Form on our website to donate directly to the Food Bank. Any contribution you can make is greatly appreciated and goes a long way to helping us provide food and necessities to the people of Batley and the surrounding area.